Friday, February 21, 2014

BACON BEACH IN SORSOGON

BACON BEACH




Sorsogon Bacon Beach




Sorsogon Bacon Beach
Photo from:  panoramio.com



The long stretch of fine black sand beach and clear blue waters is located in Caricaran, the Bacon District of Sorsogon City, just a 15-minute ride away from the center of the City. Along the shores are beachside cottages made from native materials that can be rented by beach-goers and picnickers. There are numerous beach resorts in the area. – philippinebeach.blogspot.com






Sorsogon Bacon Beach
Photo from: wikipedia.org



My cousins and I grew up interchanging the name of Tolonggapo Beach from Bacon Beach. Twenty years back, there was only one Bacon Beach – Tolonggapo Beach, obviously, located near the center of the former town of Bacon. – at least, for those who didn’t grow near the coast of Bacon. But after noticing this traffic sign along the stretch of Magsaysay street, I had to correct myself.

When I was in high school, there was this beach that became popular. You have to turn left going to Brgy. San Juan. I am not sure if it’s what we call Libanon Beach. The waves are bigger, and the current is much more stronger. Furthermore, the sand is black. I did go back there when I was in college, and once 10 years ago. It wasn’t fully developed still, and the original foot trail (you have to go down from the road) was hard to find.

The other Bacon Beach that I went to was in Pagol Beach. This is farther away from Tolonggapo Beach, perhaps another 45 minutes (I remember the travel time when the asphalted road was still full of moon-like potholes). Travelling to Pagol beach might be more comfy nowadays since the concrete road to Prieto Diaz had been completed. During that time, the said place didn’t have any huts or cottages for the visitors. I can’t remember the color of the sand, but definitely, it was unlike Tolonggapo’s.

Halabangbaybay also sounds familiar. I first heard about it when I was in High School, but I cannot remember where in Bacon it’s really located.




 


As far as I know, Buenavista is a barangay of the old town of Bacon, though, I also know that it’s a coastal area. So I wasn’t surprised that it has its own beach resort.

Lately, I have been hearing this Paguriran Beach near the border of Prieto Diaz and Bacon. They said, it looks like the Boracay of the early ’80s due to its white sand and pristine environment. But I haven’t been there yet.

For those who are interested to visit these beaches of Bacon, it’s easy to find pictures in the internet. – sorsogoncity.wordpress.com



Sorsogon Bacon Beach
Photo from:  panoramio.com



Sorsogon Bacon Beach
Photo from:  wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment